October 7, 2020
Cortec® takes corrosion control and environmental responsibility seriously. That’s why Cortec’s portfolio of USDA Certified Biobased Products is growing, and that’s way Cortec® has made a big investment in R&D over the years to replace traditional polyethylene films and moisture barriers.
In the area of plastic bags, Cortec® offers a variety of alternatives that can be composted in a commercial composting environment in compliance with ASTM D6400.*
• Eco Film®—basic compostable film for yard waste or organic waste diversion.
• Eco Works®—compostable film with 10% or 30% biopolymer content from an annually renewable source.
• Eco-Corr Film®—compostable VCI film that inhibits corrosion and is great for car manufacturers or other industries that have to ship parts across the ocean (10% or 30% of biopolymer content available)
For those who want to ditch plastic packaging altogether, Cortec’s coated papers are another attractive option. Unlike traditional moisture barrier papers coated with polyethylene, which makes recycling difficult through normal channels, Cortec® offers repulpable alternatives
• EcoShield® Barrier Paper has a water-based coating that resists moisture, grease, and oil but is fully repulpable into other types of paper products. Far surpassing typical bio content in plastics packaging, it contains 65% USDA certified biobased content.
• EcoShield® VpCI®-144 is a similar barrier paper that also contains Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors, providing dual protection against moisture and corrosion. It contains 69% USDA certified biobased content.
Whether you need compostable plastic bags, repulpable moisture barrier papers, or a mix of biobased/corrosion inhibiting packaging materials; Cortec® has shown itself to be a leader in replacing traditional polyethylene with packaging materials that are less likely to pollute the environment.
Contact Cortec® for more information on these alternatives to traditional polyethylene: https://www.cortecpackaging.com/contact-us/!
*Eco Film® and Eco Works® bags are also certified compostable by BPI certificate #890974-1.
For a PDF version please click here.