VpCI®-649 Liquid: Multimetal Closed Loop Treatment
VpCI-649 is a unique concentrated liquid formulation that protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals from corrosive solutions. In addition, this product is designed to provide long-term protection in fresh water and glycol closed loop systems.VpCI-649 is effective as a replacement for nitrite, bromate, and/or chromate-based formulations.
VpCI-649 combines contact and volatile corrosion inhibitors along with anti-scalants in non-toxic formulation that does not contain nitrites, phosphates, chromates, or heavy metals. This product helps solve the problem of disposal, particularly for large quantities of water.
VpCI-649 is also available in a cold weather version for the convenience of storage in cold temperatures.
• Inhibitor for closed loop cooling systems
• Fire extinguishing systems
• Inhibitor for hydrostatic testing of pipelines, casings, tanks, and valves
• Inhibitor for packer fluid applications
• Prevents water-bottom corrosion in oil storage tanks
• Alkanolamine sweeteners
• Pulp and paper process equipment
• Mines, mining, and earth moving equipment
• Inhibitor for lay-up application of cooling towers
VpCI-649 is available in 5 gallon (19 liter) pails, 55 gallon (208 liter) drums, liquid totes, and bulk. The product should be stored in tightly closed containers. Shelf life is 18 months.
View Editorials and Technical Articles