CCE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA). The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA. This makes the CE marking recognizable worldwide even to people who are not familiar with the European Economic Area. It is in that sense similar to the FCC Declaration of Conformity used on certain electronic devices sold in the United States.
The CE products under the EN-1504 scope are:
VOLUNTARY LABELING INITIATIVE
Through the Voluntary Labeling Initiative, companies may apply for certification to display the USDA Certified Biobased Product label on a product that states its third-party tested and verified biobased content. The purpose of this label is to make it easy for consumers to locate and compare biobased products for purchase. By choosing a biobased product labeled, USDA Certified Biobased Product, the consumer can be assured that the USDA and the federal government stand behind the accuracy of the percent of biobased ingredients as stated on the label.
The USDA has established minimum biobased content standards for many product categories. A product must meet or exceed the minimum biobased content percentage in its given category in order to qualify for certification. Products belonging in categories for which minimum biobased content requirements have not yet been established must contain at least 25% biobased content.
What is a biobased product? Biobased products are derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials. These products provide an alternative to conventional petroleum derived products and include a diverse range of offerings such as lubricants, detergents, inks, fertilizers, and bioplastics. For the purposes of the BioPreferred program, biobased products do not include food, animal feed or biofuels.
USDA CERTIFIED BIOBASED PRODUCTS
Cortec offers a wide range of USDA Certified Biobased Products for use in cleaning and surface prep, construction, bio-fuels, lubrication, metalworking, rust prevention, and water treatment. These products are part of the USDA BioPreferred Program Mandatory Federal Purchasing Initiative. Through ongoing development of new USDA Certified Biobased Products, Cortec is providing a wide variety of green corrosion control options and promoting the use of sustainable resources for any industry that faces metal corrosion.
Cleaning & Surface Prep
- EcoClean Biodegradable Scale and Rust Remover Powered by Nano VpCI: A heavy duty biodegradable scale and rust remover. One of the fastest acting products on the market for dissolving heavy scale, corrosion, and naturally occurring oxides off metals. Improves heat-transfer efficiency by creating clean surfaces on heat-exchanger equipment. Effective and safe to use on iron, carbon, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, magnesium, and their alloys. Contains 100% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Bio-based Rubber Revitalizer: A soy-based product designed for cleaning, protecting, and improving gripping capabilities of genuine and synthetic rubber. Contains 68% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Surface Cleaner & Degreaser: A heavy-duty, water-dilutable cleaner/degreaser for tough cleaning jobs in industrial and commercial applications. Non-flammable and safer to handle than harmful or hazardous solvent cleaners. Contains 59% USDA certified biobased content.
- FlashCorr VpCI: A highly effective environmentally friendly cleaner with a unique ability to neutralize and remove salt deposits. Contains 64% USDA certified biobased content.
- VpCI-422 Liquid Organic Rust Remover: Effectively removes rust and tarnish from steel, iron, copper, and brass without creating waste disposal difficulties. More user-friendly than traditional rust removers. Contains 92% USDA certified biobased content. Also available in air-powered spray cans as EcoAir 422.
- VpCI-423: A water-based gel that effectively removes rust and oxides from steel, iron, brass, and copper. Works well on vertical and overhead surfaces. Contains 91% USDA certified biobased content. Also available as EcoAir 423 (air-powered spray cans) and EcoClean 423 Rust Remover (squeeze bottles).
- MCI-2005: A water-based, organic, corrosion inhibiting admixture for protection of metallic reinforcement in concrete structures. Earns credit towards LEED certification. Lower toxicity and environmental impact than traditional corrosion inhibiting admixtures such as calcium nitrite. Contains 67% USDA certified biobased content.
- MCI CorteCure: A water-based, membrane-forming curing compound that enhances durability of reinforced concrete. Contains 62% USDA certified biobased content.
- VpCI-705 Bio: Multifunctional fuel additive for biodiesel and other bio-fuels. Serves as a corrosion inhibitor, fuel stabilizer, and water emulsifier for biodiesel, diesel, and gasoline. Contains 80% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoAir Biobased CLP: A green multifunctional cleaner/lubricant/protectant packaged in a recyclable air-powered spray can. Loosens rusted parts and protects equipment components from wear and corrosion. Contains 89% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine All-Purpose Lubricant: Soy-based lubricant for industrial use. Contains a friction modifier and extreme pressure additive. Loosens frozen and rusted parts and leaves behind a high-performance corrosion-inhibiting layer. Contains 93% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Bio-based Grease powered by Nano VpCI: A multipurpose biobased grease with superior corrosion protection properties for harsh conditions (e.g., salt spray). Formulated from vegetable oils, lithium-based thickener, extreme pressure additives, and Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors. Contains 86% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Bio-based Food Machinery Lubricating Grease #1: NLGI grade 1 grease for lubrication of machinery where there is the possibility of incidental contact with food. Made from natural seed oils. Superior lubricity and wide range of operating temperatures. Contains 96% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Bio-based Food Machinery Lubricating Grease #2: NLGI grade 2 grease for lubrication of machinery where there is the possibility of incidental contact with food. Made from natural seed oils. Superior lubricity and wide range of operating temperatures. Contains 96% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine CLP: Provides lubrication, penetration, cleaning, and corrosion protection. A â€œgreenâ€ replacement for hazardous mineral oils and other hydrocarbon based solvents. Carrier based on canola oil and canola methyl ester. Contains 89% USDA certified biobased content. Also available in easy-to-apply wipe-on version.
- EcoLine Cutting Fluid: A multifunctional concentrate for metal cutting operations. Provides excellent corrosion protection and lubrication during the cutting process. Contains 64% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Metalworking Fluid: Metalworking fluid formulated with biobased oil, additives, and emulsifiers. An excellent replacement for chlorinated products. Excellent corrosion protection. Can be used as a lubricant for heavy-duty rolling, grinding, extruding, stamping, and cutting. Contains 70% USDA certified biobased content.
- BioCorr: A water-based, biobased, dry-film rust preventative. Protects metals during storage and transportation. An excellent environmentally sound alternative to petroleum derived products. Contains 64% USDA certified biobased content. Also available in SC (super-concentrate) version.
- BioCorr ATF Rust Preventative: An oil-in-water emulsion rust preventative for preservation of transmissions in storage and during transportation. Forms an invisible dry to touch film. Contains 54% USDA certified biobased content. Also available in SC (super-concentrate) version.
- EcoLine 3220: A ready-to-use canola-oil-based rust preventative. Tenacious film clings to metal surfaces for excellent corrosion protection in storage and shipment, with long-lasting vapor phase protection. Contains 99% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine 3690: A ready-to-use canola-oil-based rust preventative designed for severe marine and high humidity conditions. Self-healing and moisture-displacing. Contains 72% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine Long Term Rust Preventative: A soy-based long-term rust preventative and lubricant. Provides excellent corrosion protection in high humidity and chloride-containing environments. Contains 85% USDA certified biobased content.
- M-605 PS: A corrosion inhibitor additive for deicing salts and closed loop cooling system brine solutions. Nitrite-, chromate-, and phosphate-free. Contains 98% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoClean Biodegradable Scale and Rust Remover Powered by Nano VpCI: A heavy duty biodegradable scale and rust remover. One of the fastest acting products on the market for dissolving heavy scale, corrosion and naturally occurring oxides off metals. Improves heat-transfer efficiency by creating clean surfaces on heat-exchanger equipment. Effective and safe to use on iron, carbon, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, magnesium, and their alloys. Contains 100% USDA certified biobased content.
- EcoLine VpCI-642: A corrosion inhibitor for offshore hydrostatic testing with seawater. Replaces nitrite-, chromate-, and hydrazine-based rust preventative products. Contains 93% USDA certified biobased content.
- VpCI-645 Marine Use Corrosion Inhibitor: A unique concentrated formulation that protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals from corrosive solutions containing chlorides. An effective replacement for nitrite- and chromate-based formulations and hydrazine-based oxygen scavengers. Contains 93% USDA certified biobased content.
A Qualified Products List (QPL) is a listing of products or family of products that have met the qualification requirements as identified in the applicable specification, including appropriate product identification, tests or qualification reference, and the name and plant address of the manufacturer and authorized distributor. A QPL listing is used by government activities to determine approved sources of supply for items they wish to procure.
|Part Number||Item Name||NSN||Qualified Product Listing|
|VpCI-368M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030000626950||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 1)|
|VpCI-369M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030011491731||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 2)|
|VpCI-368M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030002312345||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 1)|
|VpCI-369M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030002441295||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 2)|
|VpCI-369M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030002441297||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 2)|
|VpCI-369M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030002441298||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 2)|
|VpCI-368M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||8030002441299||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 1)|
|VpCI-368M||Corrosion Preventative Compound||803000244130||MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 1)|
|VpCI-415||Corrosion Removing Compound||6850015833039||MIL-PRF-87937D Type IV / Boeing D6-17487 Rev P|