Water Treatment the VPCI® Difference
In a recent article for "The Analyst — the Voice of the Water Treatment Industry", Ashish Gandhi, Water Treatment Sales Manager, wrote about "Unique Water Treatment Applications of VpCI®'s. The following are some of the highlights. Complete text is available on our web site (www.CortecVCI.com).
"The new (VpCI®) method for laying-up boilers and cooling towers utilizes a unique blend of vapor phase corrosion compounds and contact corrosion compounds in convenient water-soluble polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) bags. VpCl™'s have the unique ability to control corrosion in the water treatment system. VpCl™'s distinguishes themselves from the conventional contact corrosion inhibitors since they provide:
- Protection in three phases: vapor phase, liquid phase, and liquid vapor interface.
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly solutions free of nitrites, phosphates, chromates, and heavy metals.
- Economical solutions for protecting cooling towers, closed loop systems, and boilers during the interim period, seasonal lay-ups or long-term lay-ups.
- Economical solution for niche applications that requires vapor phase protection.
- Protection in the presence of moisture and other corrosive environments by forming a corrosion inhibiting monomolecular layer on the metal surface.
- Savings by eliminating the use of expensive cleaning chemicals.
- Increased worker safety and efficiency due to the non-toxic, nonhazardous nature of the products packaged in convenient watersoluble bags.
- Easy start-ups at the end of the lay-up period without any clean up required.