Proper layup is vital to the preservation of costly assets onboard Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) units and similar vessels. Corrosion protection is integral, especially considering the harsh maritime environments where these units are often located. Effective preservation with materials that are easy to remove plays an important role in facilitating a speedy recommissioning, as well.
The following layup guide presents a systematic approach to stewarding the valuable components onboard an FPSO, FSO, FLNG, or FPO and ultimately promoting a successful return to service.
1. Valve internals will be protected with the piping system in which installed
2. Identified processes are typical and not allidentified processes are applicable to all plants
3. Visually inspect all surfaces for rust. If present, remove with VpCI®-423 and neutralize with a 10% solution of VpCI®-415
4. Clean all external surfaces with a 10% solution of VpCI®-415 prior to commencing preservation activities
5. Coat all external machined surfaces with VpCI®- 391
a. Optional to coat all external surfaces
For a PDF version please click here.